Sunday, February 5, 2023

The Shakespeare Notebooks

 

The Shakespeare Notebooks

by James Goss, Jonathan Morris, Julian Richards, Justin Richards, Matthew Sweet, Doctor Who nerds each and every one.

Imagine my glee when I found a book combining two of my idols, Shakespeare and the Doctor.

The Notebooks are newly discovered journals and manuscripts written by Shakespeare in which the various Doctors have advised him, written and edited his plays and generally been important to our Will.

Brilliant idea. Sadly, the idea is ever so much better than the journals themselves. I must confess that I skimmed much of the book. It was mildly humorous from time to time but so much more could have been done with it. Maybe add Donna Noble to the mix?

My advice: Read Shakespeare, see Doctor Who but read this book only if you must.

No comments:

Post a Comment