Ah, what to write on the first of July, when the Shakespeare world seems to be on holiday along with everyone else. We were meant to leave on a small holiday tomorrow ourselves but because of our hosts’ illness, we must postpone. A pity. But ‘The summer's flow'r is to the summer sweet’ (sonnet 94) nonetheless. Strangely, most of Shakespeare’s quotes on summer are very depressing with death and winter and storms and things. Good old Shakespeare. But here in Stockholm the sun is shining nicely today (rain forecasted for the rest of the week so Shakespeare is probably right, again.)
Lately, I’ve started these reports with some questions for you. I’ll do it this time too. I really do need help in promoting the book…
- Have you bought Shakespeare calling – the book? I would be so happy if the answer were yes.
- Have you asked your local library to buy it? Ditto.
- Have you told your friends about it? Ditto.
- Have you promoted it on Facebook and all the others? Ditto.
- Have you put the book on your want-to-read list on Good Reads? Ditto.
- Have you read it, rated it, even reviewed it on the sites available, Good Reads, your library, Amazon etc? Ditto.
In other words, I need your help in promoting the book, and keeping the project alive. It’s a very large book jungle out there and even Shakespeare’s voice can disappear in the din without your help.
The book is available for those of you in Great Britain and parts of Europe on this site:
Also available on http://www.amazon.com/Shakespeare-Calling-book-Ruby-Jand/dp/9163782626/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1436073737&sr=1-1&keywords=Ruby+Jand+shakespeare+calling
Or in Sweden
or Adlibris. Or contact the publisher email@example.com
- The usual variety of references in novels of people who have a complete works on their shelf or have played a part in some school production. It’s not even interesting anymore.
Further since last time:
- Written a text on: The Two Gentlemen of Verona. https://rubyjandshakespearecalling.blogspot.com/2019/07/precious-little-in-two-gentlemen-of.html
Posted this month
- This report
- ‘Precious little’ in The Two Gentlemen of Verona.
Shakespeare Calling – the book is promoted by
Read more about my alter ego’s books, in one of which Shakespeare appears live and in person, on: